[Hampshire] [Hardware] Wireless Router + Adapter Bundle Soug…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: hampshire
New-Topics: [Hampshire] Iceweasel
Subject: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Wireless Router + Adapter Bundle Sought
Hi All.

I am looking for an (Ubuntu) Linux-compatible Wireless Router bundled
with either a PCI or USB adapter for my father-in-law.

I have seen this:

http://tinyurl.com/y5u5cr

... but can't establish if the bundled Zyxel G202 USB will play nice
with Linux. I seem to recall hearing favourable noises from the Zyxel
folks some time ago about Linux compatibility, but the product datasheet
only mentions Win2K/XP, and there are no Linux drivers available on the
Zyxel site. I guess ndiswrapper might be an option, but I am reluctant
to gamble as it is not my money I am spending.

So, can anyone comment on this or offer up a similarly priced
alternative that is known to work?

Sean

PS cross-posted with the old and new list as the old is no more...