Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c92100.hantslug.org.uk.11444': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Nov 13 00:05:32 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 11:43:04PM +0000, Tim wrote:
> At the moment there are to many version of the same program in the linux
> world, the last thing the forward march of linux progress need is another
> firefox clone by another name.

I assume your preferred solution then is for Debian to give up its
core philosophy just for the sake of not confusing a few people who
can't be bothered to understand the issue? If not, can you please
research the issue and then make some suggestion as to what Debian
could have done (this was not their only choice but I am not
convinced you understand exactly what their choices were)?

There are other Linux distributions for people who don't put as much
stock in the philosophy of Free software. It's a shame you don't
like them but maybe you are being rather selfish when you insist
that it's the entire project that has to change instead of you.

Andy