Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel

Author: Simon Huggins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Iceweasel
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:21:30PM +0000, Jamie Webb wrote:
> The Apache project has complained that Debian's non-standard packaging
> is a support headache for them, and makes Apache look bad when users
> can't get it to work.

You mean the register article? That one was (ranty) apache developer
talking about issues of supporting people on IRC. He was also wrong but
I suspect I can't convince you of that.

His argument was along the lines of "Debian have hidden the config
file therefore we can't support anything about your setup" when it
should have been "Here are the apache relevant bits but I don't know
where Debian have put that config file, why don't you go ask them about
their specific modifications".

Ooh good sigmonster.

--
Simon Huggins  \ Deja Moo - the feeling you've heard this bull before.
                \