Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SCART switches?

Author: Chris Sykes
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SCART switches?
On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 07:56:40PM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My folks have just donated a freeview box to us, which we have passed on
> to my wife's folks.
>
> Unfortunately, they seem to have a deficit of SCART sockets on their TV
> to allow us to use the freeview, their VCR and their DVD player
> simultaneously.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution to this that does not require a new telly
> or a combined VCR/DVD that will make better use of the existing 2 sockets?

I have one of these and am very pleased with it:
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/BT945-Quintro+.html

I didn't buy it from the link above (first result from a quixck
google), and you can likely find them cheaper elsewhere.

The big plus for me is that most of the inputs are fully wired (e.g.
include RGB), and all electronic (some of the push-button types can
get a bit noisey with age).
When you switch a new source on, it will automatically switch the
output to it, and it'll switch back again when you power the source
off.

It really simplifies things for the rest of the family as well, who
otherwise, find the whole A/V setup quite intimidating :-)

--

Chris Sykes
GPG Fingerprint = 3FDA 2014 F87B 0AED 7354 9841 B806 262A 00FA F243