[Hampshire] Postfix with multiple upstream relayhosts

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Postfix with multiple upstream relayhosts

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x575a6100.hantslug.org.uk.20597': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Nov 21 11:53:52 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Hi,

Can Postfix be configured to use multiple upstream relayhosts (aka
smarthosts)? The online documentation for the relayhost parameter only gives
examples with one upstream relay. I found one example on Google which uses
multiple relayhosts:

http://tinyurl.com/yztnyw

But when I try this syntax, Postfix fails to start:
root@mail:/etc/postfix# postconf -e "relayhost = host1.example.com
host2.example.com"
root@mail:/etc/postfix# /etc/init.d/postfix restart
 * Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix
postfix: fatal: relayhost parameter setting must not contain
                   multiple values: post10a.emailfiltering.com
                   post10b.emailfiltering.com
root@mail:/etc/postfix#

Any ideas? I'm using Postfix 2.3.3-1 on Ubuntu Dapper, FWIW.

Thanks,

Tony