Re: [Hampshire] Simple way to monitor network uptime?

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Simple way to monitor network uptime?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577cd100.hantslug.org.uk.29740': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 23 06:47:44 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Andy Random wrote:

> I know there are a number of large powerful packages that will monitor
> almost everything but I'm also short of time and just want something
> simple/easy to set up which will tell me when and how long the net
> connection was down. Any suggestion?

The chk_isp script from

http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/blog/shell-scripts/

I wrote it for the same purpose - getting some stats with which to beat
my ISP.

Cheers,

Tony