Re: [Hampshire] preventing apache timeout on long-duration p…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] preventing apache timeout on long-duration page generation
On 30/11/06, Steve Kemp <steve@???> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 03:39:04PM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> > but (i) the divs don't seem to appear until the end of the script's
> > run when they all arrive in a rush;
>
> Are you explicitly disabling your buffering in the perl script?
>
> If not add something like this to the start:
>
> $| = 1;

Sadly there is a $|++; in there already. The first part of the page
shows, then a pause, then the divs and the rest of the page all appear
effectively at once.
I was wondering if it's browser dependent but just tried it on my
wife's Winbox and under IE the effect is if anything even worse in
that the whole page seems to be held up. B-/