Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms
On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:17:43AM +0000, Philip Henderson wrote:

> I have looked at both Delicious and Delerious and can see the benefits,
> yet I prefer not to let the world and his mother map my personality.

I've just installed delirious after the link to it was posted
and I think I'm going to switch from my installation of insipid.

I've written a script to export from insipid, now I just need to
insert into delirious. (Keeping the tags + privacy options the same :)

Still its worth noting that *both* of these allow you to store
"private" bookmarks. So you're not necessarily open to the world.
(I know that >50% of my bookmarks are private..)

> I am surprised there is not an app that will sit on my server that can
> be accessed by any pc I log on with. Oh well, worth asking.

I do recall seing a few firefox extensions that will fetch/store
bookmarks to a remote FTP server. Perhaps that might be more
appropriate for your needs?

Steve