Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:15:26 +0000
hantslug@??? wrote:

> > any particular reason why you turn everything off??
>
> Yes - I feel guilty about my contribution to global warming. I am
> going to look into having solar panels etc. installed (I'm afraid
> that I may not be able to afford it :-( ), largely so that I can
> use power and have bright lights without feeling guilty.

I was afraid you were going to say that. I personally thing the
global warming is media/political hype to make us feel guilty and
less inclined to protest at 'green taxes'. The world was warming up
long before carbon emissions became the problem it is claimed to be.

As for solar panels they are not cost effective and have a payback
period of some 50 years, any surplus heat you offer back to the grid
will get you a miserly few pennies in return.

Gordon B's offer of tax rebates for green houses is yet more pie in
the sky

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application