Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A hot new PC without Windoze?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A hot new PC without Windoze?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e31100.hantslug.org.uk.32199': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Dec 12 11:37:13 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 09:10:56AM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> I would be interested to see if it is really faster than a dual core or not.
> Intel and AMD seem to be upping the clock rate and number of cores
> without actually improving the IO capacity.

I don't think it will be any faster than 2x dual core, while being
significantly more expensive. Unless you need 8+ cores I don't
therefore think quad core chips are economical at this stage.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB