[Hampshire] AverMedia Tuner Help

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] AverMedia Tuner Help
Hi all,
I got a lovely AverMedia Hybrid TV tuner for christmas, but I'm having a
little trouble getting it to work. Basically, I want to set it up as a
tuner to use with MythTV. I've googled, and there's plenty of guides out
there that say things like "Just copy the firmware to xxx" but doesn't
mention where to copy it from, and this is a new area for me so I'm
getting a little lost.

I seem to remember AverMedia being mentioned/recommended by someone on
the list a while back, so would anyone be able to give me a prod as to
which modules I need to load, what I need to copy where, etc in order to
get me going?

I'm using (K)Ubuntu Dapper

Many Thanks,
Mark