[Hampshire] Ubuntu, Apache2, and SSL

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu, Apache2, and SSL
Hi All.

I'm trying to get apache2 running SSL on an Ubuntu system.

I've set up a certificate, and I've got a config file in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ . I know both of these are being read at
start-time, because the machine complains if I put something invalid in
the config file, and also if the VHost name doesn't match that of the
signature.

So far so good - unfortunately, port 443 just isn't opened. netstat shows
it closed, and attempts to connect to it get the RST you'd expect...

I've obviously missed something simple - can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks!

Vic,