[Hampshire] Customizing Live Cd's

Author: Peter Brooks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Customizing Live Cd's
Hello all,
At Keele University we're trying to improve the awareness of linux and
before we start chucking Ubuntu Live cd's left, right and center it's
probably best if we add Keele customizations to them first.

Whilst our University provides quite a good Linux setup guide for gaining
access to their network, it's not so straight forward for newbie's and
instead I think they'd give up as the Internet won't work for them.

The way for users to connect is for a samba/cifs mount from their username &
password, can anyone offer any tips for me to go ahead and modify an Ubuntu
livecd.
Just need to when they boot the livecd give a prompt for username/password
for hallsnet and to maybe also modify the Ubuntu install wizard to
incorporate hallsnet settings.

Then it's burn and distribute.