[Hampshire] Changing file modification timestamp

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Changing file modification timestamp

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56947100.hantslug.org.uk.336': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jan 27 13:49:31 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Hi,

I've been importing some photos into F-spot. It uses EXIF timestamp to sort
photos, but I have some images that are in PNG format. As far as I know, PNG
doesn't support EXIF tags. So F-spot falls back on the modification timestamp
of the image as the method of working out where it should be in the timeline.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way of changing either this behaviour
or the date it associates with a photo.

So I'd like to adjust the modification timestamp of some files before I import
them. Can this be done, and if so how? I'm using ReiserFS if it matters.

Thanks,

Tony