Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus …

Author: hantslug
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus saga)
On Saturday 03 Feb 2007 15:02, Vic wrote:
> What I would do is to go in with Thunderbird (which obviously created that
> file) & look for any infestation manually. This assumes that the mailbox
> is of a manageable size, of course :-)

I have tried this - but I find it impossible to tell which individual mail it
is in. This is exactly what I am doing to my own Kmail. Tedious, but
effective. And less important anyway, because although there are indeed
viruses on my machine they are all (or anyhow, everything found by clamscan)
either in Spam or else in Viruses. (Put there of course by clamav. :-) )

Lisi