Re: [Hampshire] Accessing a scanner via the LAN

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing a scanner via the LAN
Is it possible for a doze client to access and use the
>> scanner though?
>>

> Sane can run as a daemon (saned), in which case there's a variety of clients
> both local and remote to choose from:
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-frontends.html
>
> There are even drivers to provide access to network saned scanners through the
> Windows TWAIN scanner layer.
>
> Dan

Hello again. Downloaded and installed the sanetwain doze client but am
having problems configuring it to "see" the scanner hosted on the linux
box. the client is asking for a hostname in the form of
"scanner.domain.org" but I'm having problems relating that to my home
network, where all the doze clients and the samba server are in the
default MSHOME workgroup.

any thoughts please?

TIA
Mike