Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x582c9100.hantslug.org.uk.20654': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Feb 24 17:57:42 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 04:54:07PM +0000, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Sorry, that was not meant to be a joke. I know that obscurity is not
> considered a serious security method by lots of people, but I can't
> see that it would hurt to 'keep your head down'.

Security through obscurity gets an undeservedly bad name. The
original quote "security through obscurity is an illusion" was
strictly in the context of crypto algorithms, not meant to apply to
the whole arena of security in general.

In the real world it is used a lot, and not always foolishly.

Cheers,
Andy