Re: [Hampshire] Confusers going begging...

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Confusers going begging...
> The DOA machine from my last mail is also still available, if anyone
> wants a punt.

It is no longer DOA :-)

It's an Athlon XP 1700+ machine with 256MB RAM. No HDD. It does seem
temperamental - I think there is a problem with the DIMM socket (wobbling
the DIMM brought it to life).

> There are 2 more machines which I haven't looked at yet...

These are:

- P3 850MHZ with 128MB RAM, 8GB SCSI HDD. Rather funky all-metal case.
Was running NT4 until I DBANned it.
- Genuine IBM P3/450 with 160MB RAM. No HDD

On the pile later will also be another Compaq Proliant, which has been my
backup work machine for the last few months, but has just had *another*
disk crash, so I'm going to bin it. Beware, this thing has a few fans...