Re: [Hampshire] Linux (or BSD) distributions for Snort?

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux (or BSD) distributions for Snort?
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 21:14:06 +0000 (+0000), David Ramsden wrote:
> The server is running Debian stable, for now. Normally this doesn't
> present a problem but Snort in Debian is really out of date. Even
> unstable has quite a dated version and now I've hit a problem where some

Well it won't help you if unstable is outdated too, but backports.org
can be handy. I've had to backport a few things (including newer
upstream versions occasionally), normally it's pretty easy, sometimes
it's an absolute doddle, sometimes it's not (tomcat 5.5.20 on sarge
springs to mind - ECJ and Kaffe are substantially different from sarge
to etch).

Adrian
--
Adrian Bridgett - adrian@???