Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2007 11:09, Vic wrote:
>
>> [1] Germany has all sorts of strange and wonderful laws. You're not
>> allowed to fit your own towbar - that's considered a material change in
>> the car's construction, and must be performed (or at least inspected,
>> which costs just as much) by a TuV-approved mechanic.
>>

> You're also not allowed to mow your lawn on a Sunday morning. Unless
> you're a member of the RAF stationed in Germany, in which case you are,
> and apparently make a point of doing so just to annoy your German
> neighbours.
>
> Or so my ex-RAF friends tell me...

If asked to do so, you must stop noisy work in suburban neighbourhoods
between 1-3 pm to allow people to have an after-lunch kip.

You cannot park your car in the front garden, although you may park it
(facing the right way of course) in the road outside of your house.

You cannot wash your car at home, you must use a car wash.

Shops shut at 12 on a Saturday, and don't open on a Sunday.

So my rural (and admittedly bonkers) German rellies tell me...

Sean

PS FWIW I am rather fond of Germany: I like the people, the space and
the houses.