Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
> Indeed: now I remember the three bins, food matter, recycling and
> rubbish. We are just coming around to that now.

They recycle their glass properly, too.

Everything goes into one bin, and the recyclers sort out the colours. They
are paid to deal with all the glass in one area, and they own the glass at
the end as well. It can be very profitable if you can sort the glass out
cheaply enough.

I wrote some software to sort different-coloured cullets of glass. We
specified 6 machines to handle the throughput; they ended up buying one,
because it performed much better than I was expecting. Next time, I shall
put more NOPs in :-)

Vic.