Re: [Hampshire] Cat among the pigeons? ;-)

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cat among the pigeons? ;-)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57380100.hantslug.org.uk.20287': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Mar 10 22:15:04 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:07:16PM +0000, hantslug@??? wrote:
> Seen on a forum to which I belong:
>
> <quote> I know Ubuntu is a controversial distro both on this forum and within
> the Linux community in general. </quote>

Yes it is.

For example, the choice to distribute non-free software in the
standard install.

Then there is Ubuntu's relationship with Debian, which some find to
be one-sided.

Not to mention the deal that Canonical made with Linspire to get
access to click-n-run.

So all in all a boringly accurate statement of fact...

Cheers,
Andy