[Hampshire] VNC Setup

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] VNC Setup
I'm trying to configure VNC on Mandriva 2007 to behave in the way it
does on SUSE. At the moment I can quite happily use VNC to connect to a
desktop so long as a user is already logged in. What I'd like to do is
to VNC to the login screen.

I've followed some instructions on doing this through xinetd but can't
seem to get it working at all. The instructions I followed were based on
Red Hat initially and then Gentoo, neither of which helped. Tightvnc
simply states it was unable to connect to the server.

There is currently no firewall running on the server side so that's
certainly not the problem. I'm running KDM.

James