Re: [Hampshire] sux

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] sux
* john lewis (johnlewis@???) wrote:
> "sux is a wrapper around the standard su command which will
> transfer your X credentials to the target user
>
> 'sux user??? and ???sux - user??? behave just like su but transfer
> $DISPLAY and the X cookies"
>
> so you can run graphical stuff as root which can simplify things on
> the rare occasion it is needed.

Was it Thomas Adam that started "app of the week" where he talked
about a useful application that many may not have heard of? Seem to
remember that it went down quite well. I certainly thought that it
was a good idea.

The other day I found this http://debaday.debian.net/ which does
much the same thing. I am just about to see if has an rss feed that
I can add to my reader.

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk