[Hampshire] Primary Rate ISDN (plus a bit of Asterisk)

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Primary Rate ISDN (plus a bit of Asterisk)
My other post describes our working Asterisk
system. However, this being The Society of St.
James, we're now going to change things.

The project I wrote about in the other post is
only in temporary accomodation. Within a couple of
months, it is to move to a new, larger building
which it will share with a second project, and it
will merge with a third project.

The resulting behemoth will require extensive
phone services - they're all heavy phone users.
So, a few analogue lines just won't be enough, and
I'm looking at PRI, or ISDN 30 as BT calls it.

I wondered if anyone here had experience with
installing PRI, PRI interface cards, or even
running Asterisk on ISDN?

We're looking at eight lines initially, with two
public numbers. DDI isn't essential, so if we can
get away without paying for it, so much the
better.

With excellent timing, voip-info.org has gone
down. BT's site is up, but - as usual -
contradictory and confusing; I'll be on the phone
to them again tomorrow.

I'd be grateful for any advice or war stories.

Thanks!

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.