[Hampshire] Linux Friendly WiFi (again)

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Linux Friendly WiFi (again)

Hi,

I appreciate this probably close to a FAQ but....

I'm looking for a Linux (and in particular Ubuntu) friendly PCMCIA wifi
card.

Now I know that with the likes of NdisWrapper many cards can be got to
work these days, but what I'm after is a card which "just works".

Specifically I want one which will work with a Ubuntu live CD, so I can
boot the laptop on the live CD, plug in the wifi card and get connected,
no messing with extra downloads, recompiling things or installing extra
drivers.

Any suggestions on cards which can do this?

Andy