Re: [Hampshire] another sound question

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: sean, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] another sound question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e8b100.hantslug.org.uk.29724': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Mar 23 08:28:15 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 07:54:37AM -0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> > Unplug the little 4wire audio cable which exits the back of the cdrom
> > and plugs into the montherboard and plug it into the pci card?
>
> I can't recall using one of those for years - are they still necessary on
> all but ancient kit?

It's not the age of the kit particularly but the nature of the software. Most
modern audio programs do digital audio extraction (DAE) over the data bus, but
some little apps and utilities still use the analogue signals via the separate
connection.

Tony