Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning
Thanks for all the advice. I downloaded Net Stumbler which confirmed my
suspicion that everyone was on the same channel - 11. I had already changed
my channel to 9 and Net Stumbler showed me as the only person on that
channel. It seems to work. It connects to the kid's pc but not sure if it
has stayed connected.

Why are channels 1,6 and 11 the only effective channels to use? As I
mentioned, my router is set at 9 and can make a connection - but can I
expect more trouble if I settle on this channel?

When I can spend more time on it, I will see if the drop outs are still
happening.

Thanks again for the abundance of help and support. It has been invaluable,
and makes me appreciate the willingness of everyone on the group to share
their knowledge.

Kelvin