Re: [Hampshire] Looking for a cheap Nvidia Graphics Card

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Looking for a cheap Nvidia Graphics Card
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:46:38PM +0100, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After some issues with my graphics card, I was thinking it may be
> time to upgrade. I currently use an Nvidia Gforce2 MX/MX 400.
>
> I would like to stick with Nvidia, and would like one that will be a
> drop in replacement for the above AGP card. I don't want to spend a
> lot of money, but would like to see some improvement in compiz.
>
> Any recommendations?

One that Nvidia haven't decided to just drop support for from their latest
drivers would probably be best I would think.

Check the readmes on their site to see if the card you are after is
supported by either the NVidia-glx or nvidia-glx-legacy driver. Also note
what version of the nvidia driver your distro uses. If debian you can use
http://packages.debian.org for ubuntu http://packages.ubuntu.com . There are
other distros? :)

Hahahaa, start a distro war at midnight, what fun.

Just *kidding*.

Cheers,
Al.