Re: [Hampshire] post windows reinstall

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] post windows reinstall
Just catching up on my mail since I've been away...

> Ok I used the insert resuce cd

It's been a while since I've used that, but it claims support for LVM2, so
all should be well.

> Used vgscan lvdisplay but got "incorrect meta header area checksum "
> Now I did some googling and found out that this is not good !

I've found two different reasons for that; one of them is very bad.

>     In order to restore the meta area you need acess to the /etc dir
> which is on the disc I can not mount !!!! So can I change the file
> system to something else ie ext2 or extract the data somehow and then
> reinstall linux ??

Other than the error message you've told us about, do you get any output
from "vgscan" or "pvscan"?

Vic.