Re: [Hampshire] Apache2 configuration

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Apache2 configuration
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:53:25 +0100
Jim Kissel <jlk@???> wrote:

> > [Mon Apr 02 12:45:21 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Negotiation:
> > discovered file(s) matching
> > request: /home/jayell/public_html/exodus/exodus (None could be
> > negotiated).
>
> You tried http://hostname/exodus but the sub-directory exodus
> doesn't exist. Put an index.html file in the exodus directory and
> try http://hostname/index.html

Hi Jim

That works :) or rather http://localhost/exodus/index.html works

so it seems apache2 out of the box can't read php files as if I
substitute 'index.php' for 'index.html' opera tries to 'download' it.

I have now installed libapache2-mod-php5 which removed
apache2-mpm-worker and replaced it with apache2-mpm-prefork

I then used the php.ini file from
/usr/share/doc/php5-common/examples/php.ini-recommended
instead of the installation php.ini per

still can't get it to display index.php so am giving up for today
and will try again tomorrow when brain is less fuzzy

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application