Re: [Hampshire] New printer technology

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] New printer technology
john lewis wrote:
> New to me at any rate but it looks interesting, am glad I didn't
> rush out to buy that £200 HP colour laser printer Staples are offering
>
> http://www.memjet.com/default.aspx#

Patented technology? I remember using very similar DMP's some time
in the last century. Instead of a traversing head, an entire
line of DM pins moved form side to side a short distance
(almost a vibration).

The beast (its nickname) could eat a box full o 132 col tractor
paper in a few minutes - and they were BIG boxes of paper then.

Jacqui

I assume any patent on the DMP technology has expired but it
must stand as prior art.