Re: [Hampshire] Apache2 configuration

Author: Graeme Hilton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Apache2 configuration
john lewis wrote:
> I added a php.conf to /etc/apache2/conf.d/ as set out in your email
> and started apache and got this
>
> [Tue Apr 03 12:31:22 2007] [warn] module php5_module is already
> loaded, skipping [Tue Apr 03 12:31:22 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.3
> (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-10 configured -- resuming normal operations

This means you're trying to load the php module twice. Simply comment
out the line in your /etc/apache2/conf.d/php.conf that start LoadModule

> I then tried to load the website with
> http://localhost;80/exodus.benden.pern/index.php
>
> and got these error messages-
>
> [Tue Apr 03 12:31:30 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:
> pg_connect() [<a href='function.pg-connect'>function.pg-connect</a>]:
> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: fe_sendauth: no password
> supplied in /var/www/exodus.benden.pern/settings/settings.php on line
> 34

This is telling you that you haven't specified a password for connecting
to the database.

> settings.php has among other things
>
> //db parameters
>     $host = "localhost";
>     $dbname = "exodus";
>     $username = "jayell";
> //    $password = "";

The // at the line beginning is commenting out the password parameter.
You need to uncomment this to solve the error message you're getting.
If you haven't set a password for this database user then I suggest just
deleting the // and seeing what happens. Otherwise you could try
setting a password for the jayell user (see your Postgre documentation
for that) and then insert that password into the settings.php file.

> so it looks as though I may at last have got apache2 working but the
> next step is missing

Indeed, it seems apache2 is working; just need to get the database
connection sorted and you'll reveal the next problem!

--
Graeme Hilton