Re: [Hampshire] Feisty release

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Feisty release
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:22:28 +0100
hantslug@??? wrote:

> And does anyone know when Etch will be released?

When it is ready :-)

I quote:

we're almost at the release now, but before you start to party, there
are still a few important steps missing. So we thought we'd give you
an overview of our current status.

Most release critical bugs are resolved now. If you are able to help
us with one of the remaining bugs, be welcome, and be fast.

The most important step that remains to be done is to finalize the
release notes, skim through the update reports and - well, fix the
last remaining few blockers. Etch is of a very good technical
quality, and we just need to polish a few remaining issues.

In order to have the time to do so, we are going to move the release
for another week or so. Our secret plan was to announce the release
on April 1st (that would have been fun, don't you think so :) ), but
well - quality is more important.

Cheers,
-- Andi Debian Release Team

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application