Re: [Hampshire] Debian Sarge and Etch

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Sarge and Etch
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 23:37:27 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> > new packages get moved in :-(
>
>    That probably won't change much. The real shock, as always, will
> be the transition for testing, as many packages from unstable
> migrate in en masse.

I agree there will be much movement from sid to testing but that
may not be too traumatic initially as sid has seen comparatively few
upgrades in recent months.

Sid has been almost boring to use with very few broken packages to
disturb the tranquility. Hopefully we will now get the long awaited
kernel upgrades - 2.6.18 seems almost ancient.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application