Re: [Hampshire] KVMs and Linux v Windows

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] KVMs and Linux v Windows

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5783c100.hantslug.org.uk.11557': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 9 17:21:34 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Monday 09 April 2007 15:13, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Rob Malpass wrote:
> > Guys thanks very much as usual for your replies. In fact the first one
> > I read regarding removing and reloading the mouse modules worked a treat.
>
> That'll only work until the next time you switch away to a different
> machine and switch back. Then you'll have to unload and reload the
> module again. The fix I gave is the solution recommended by the kernel
> developers which, once set up, requires no further intervention.

Ironically I found that suggestion made things worse not better. Mine gets
annoyed now and then - not all the time, but when I booted this morning with
their suggestion, it was unusable. I suppose everyone is different.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it
    -- Agatha Christie