Re: [Hampshire] Restoring and expanding a RAID mirror

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Restoring and expanding a RAID mirror

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57900100.hantslug.org.uk.25563': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Apr 10 17:41:57 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 05:54:48PM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't source a suitable 160G HD to match my existing one
> (a Maxtor one with 8M cache - I can only get 2M), and given the prices I
> decided to nab a couple of Seagate 250G drives with 16M cache instead.
> This leaves me trying to work out the best way to migrate across to the
> new drives.

Recent kernels/mdadm can grow RAID-1 (and RAID-5):

If not confident with that then I would do the "take one disk out of
the mirror, make new mirror on it in degraded mode, shoft data over,
add old disk" routine you already mentioned.

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.