Re: [Hampshire] Installing Debian Etch

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installing Debian Etch
John Cooper wrote:
> Brian Chivers wrote:
>> Alan Pope wrote:

>>> I'd just get the netinst one. Then it gets everything it needs from
>>> the web.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Al.
>>>

>> OK I'll get that one and cancel the other 6 downloads I've got going
>> at the moment :-)
>>
> I've got RHEL5 if you want a professional version of Linux ;-) CenOS 5
> will be out of beta soon.
>
> John.

I'm going to Use CentOS 4.4 or 5 when I rebuild our main servers but
Adelix are building Censornet around Debian and as such the first
releases will be .debs. I have asked them about building a rpm or
installer for CentOS / FC / RHEL and they said they will once they are
out of the Beta process, the reason they gave was that they don't want
to be fighting OS issues onto of App errors.

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College