Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu.com meltdown

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu.com meltdown
* Alan Pope (alan@???) wrote:

> Not quite. The trackers aren't up because the official announcement about
> the release has not been made yet.
>
> Once it has been announced on the Ubuntu-Announce mailing list the tracker
> will be up.

Thats odd, for a short time the website was actually responding, and
I managed to read a post in the news section that it was released
today, 19 April. I can't find the page again as the website has
stopped responding. Hang on, I think this is it:-
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntudesktop704

As that was written on the 16th, it is only an intention to release
on the 19th.

I don't know why this is bothering me at all. In a day or two it
will all be over. In a few weeks I will start debating if it is
worth upgrading to gutsy. I must be really bored just now.

Note to self:- Get out and enjoy more sunshine!!!!

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk