Re: [Hampshire] Spam increase?

Author: Steve Kirk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spam increase?
On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 08:44:53AM +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 08:38:46AM +0100, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> > Any way to stop it?
> > I have spamassasin but it seem to get through that
> >

> Greylisting works well for me.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting

I've found greylisting to very effective for my home domains too. I don't use
any other form of spam filtering, except for a few attempted (and probably now
well out of date) entries in my sendmail.cf

I ocassionaly have a copy of days where I'll get 2 or 3 spam emails, then
nothing for several months.

I think the increase in spam is a general thing though. We've seen large
increases at work.

Cheers,
Steve