Re: [Hampshire] all iI want to do is install hotplug.

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] all iI want to do is install hotplug.

>>2.6.15 kernel. Is there a version that will work with a 2.6.8-3-386
>>system?
>>

>the current version in stable aka etch is 2.6.18 so
>
>aptitude (or apt-get) install linux-image-2.6.18-4-486

Great advice thanks. System saved again. I must say that the phoenix
that has risen from the ashes of sarge is very nice.

I'm extremely grateful for this and all the other advice freely given
without a hint of impatience or frustration. You all represent what is
so good about the open source community.

Thank you.

Mike

PS, Is there a firefox plugin that will play the embedded media stream
in the classic fm website please? (sorry if I have asked this before,
losing track of problems needing solutions :-))