Re: [Hampshire] ****NEXT Meeting - Aldershot 12th May and a,…

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ****NEXT Meeting - Aldershot 12th May and a, Competition****
On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 06:12:56PM +0100, Stephen Davies wrote:
> Ok,Slightly revised rules.
>
> No Ubuntu Server.
> I have a Nvidia 5200 Graphics card installed and would like to do some
> dev work with Eclipse on this system (privided someone can get it installed)
>
> Note that this system runs Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Fedora Core
> 3,4,5,6 & 7 (Test 4), RHEL 3,4,5 OOTB.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to get Ubuntu Working should it?

Based on the fact that all those legacy operating systems work on it, I
don't see why ubuntu wouldn't work also :)

What is it? A home built box or a branded machine? Does it have any quirky
hardware?

Have you tried to install Ubuntu on it previously? What was the experience?
What did it do/not do?

Cheers,
Al.