Re: [Hampshire] Multimedia on Linux

Author: Tim B - Systems
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Multimedia on Linux
On Thursday 03 May 2007 16:36, hantslug@??? wrote:
> Radio 3 still plays so jerkily it is impossible to listen to.

Does the machine play other (disk-based) media ok? If not you may need to
increase the "nice" value for the sound server.

What speed connection do you have? is it possible that it is not buffering
enough. Try increasing the buffer size.

What software are you using to play the stream? I have got Xine to work with
the BBC site (though that was with MDK10.1 + MDV2006).

There should be no problem just running a machine off SATA, as long as the
BIOS doesn't get stroppy booting from SATA (I haven't found one that won't
yet).

Cheers,

Tim B.

--