[Hampshire] Re:Self-rebooting ADSL routers

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Re:Self-rebooting ADSL routers
Simon said:

> You probably won't find my answer useful but our Cisco 877 routers
> reconnect without any problems. I wouldn't consider this for an home
> user though since software updates/upgrades are by paid subscription.

Changing to a better modem/router pair, even if much more
expensive, is going to be cheaper than fighting the Demon/BT
combination. The current favourites seem to be Draytek and
Cisco. Draytek said that a V29xx and external Ethernet modem
gives the best results, and I have no experience with Cisco kit.

This is MPE's business connection, so we need to make it
reliable again.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691