Re: [Hampshire] Dell choose Ubuntu

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dell choose Ubuntu

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Sean Gibbins wrote:

> Andy Random wrote:
> > Interesting to read that Michael Dell supposedly uses Ubuntu at home
> > though.
>
> Ah, but does he use Dell hardware? Not if he's got any sense...
>
> ;)

Yes according to both the BBC and the Guardian he uses Ubuntu on a Dell
Precision M90 laptop although the Guardian also mentions that he has five
PCs at home, so it's not exactly clear how much he uses it...

However according to another article I read this week he only received a
paycheck of a mere $153 million last year (including stock options) so
clearly he can't afford to actually buy decent kit and has to stick with
dodgy Dell machines :)

Andy