Re: [Hampshire] Local webserver problem

Author: Tim
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Local webserver problem
On Tue May 8 2007 12:31, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Damian Wrote:
>
> Sorry that should be http://localhost , see below
>
> >Try entering http://127.0.0.1 or http://locahost and see if they work and
> >finally do you have a firewall set up on the machine?
>
> Damian B

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Re Tony Smiths answer, this server has been setup for over a year in its
present setup, up until today just entering the server ip address and the
name of the web site brought up the local copy of the web site without a
problem (and without having to play with dns and hosts files) and nothing has
been changed on the server.

At the end of the day it started to sort of work, but then seemed to be
causing this problem). So I wiped the particular site from the server, tideid
up the folder on my local machine where the site was saved and then reloaded
it to the server

It now seems to be working ok

Thanks for the advice

Tim