Re: [Hampshire] What do you use (was Multimedia on Linux)

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What do you use (was Multimedia on Linux)
On Sun May 6 2007 21:07, Jacqui caren wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > Just a quick question re Jacqui comments about making a slide show, what
> > software to you use for making the slide show, can you add a sound track
> > with it, can you add any transistion effect between pictures???
>
> Well I have tried various tools and none are entirely acceptable.
> Most work but have limitations - for instance one tool
> provided almost infinite fexibility but if you o not tie up all
> loose ends (jump references) it fails to build the target iso
> image.
>
> The only tool I have that buildsequences that work on everyones
> DVD players is Imagemagick.
>
> My big problem is that the only boxes I have with enough memory
> ro run tools such as imagemagick arw currently running windows
> so I lazied out and stuck the windows version of I::M on and
> left it to run a bat file overnight :-(
>
> And before you say I know if it were running linux the performance
> and memory footprint of IM would be way better.
>
> I have not bothered adding an audo track to the images - I suppose
> I could steal snippets from the camcorder footage or add music
> but the target audience has widly varying musical tastes.
>
> Jacqui

Just posting info to the list, I found this software(1) on the net, it looks
like it is script based which produces a dv file that can then be edited in
something like kino. Its is very early in itsdevelopment (0.003 alpha
release)

I have not tried it yet.

Tim

(1)http://deniscarl.com/stills2dv/

PREVENT ACCESSING DANGEROUS WEBSITES - Protect your computer with Free Web Security Guard!
More information at http://www.inbox.com/wsg