Re: [Hampshire] Generating RSS Feeds

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Generating RSS Feeds
On Fri, 18 May 2007 at 01:49:40PM +0100, Brian Chivers wrote:
> Does anyone know of a nice simple web based tool that will generate an RSS
> Feed ?

Yes.

> What I'd like to be able to do it have staff visit a webpage that they can
> enter items for the RSS feed then the software to do the work of actually
> generating the feed and publishing it. I have access to a LAMP box so could
> host it all myself.

You should be able to write a script in Perl* using XML::RSS** to generate
an RSS feed of your choice. How good is your web/CGI foo?

There may also be a nice application already written.

* Or other language of your choice
** Or equivalent technology

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity
has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    -- Richard Dawkins