Re: [Hampshire] Generating RSS Feeds

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Generating RSS Feeds

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5765c100.hantslug.org.uk.12150': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri May 18 17:58:26 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Friday 18 May 2007 14:32, Brian Chivers wrote:

> > You should be able to write a script in Perl* using XML::RSS** to
> > generate an RSS feed of your choice. How good is your web/CGI foo?
> >
> > There may also be a nice application already written.
> >

> My web/CGI foo is very weak so any ready written apps are good :-)

I'm sure one will exist, but I can' think of one off the top of my head. RSS
is easy stuff really, so I'm sure there are plenty of tools that allow people
to add things via a web interface and a consolodated RSS feed comes out the
back end.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair
weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    --  Robert Frost