Re: [Hampshire] Cheap to a good home

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap to a good home

> Stephen Pelc wrote:
>> Surplus to requirements, collect it from Hill Lane
>>   Netgear DG814 ADSL router, £5
>>   Belkin  F6C625 625 watt UPS, £15
>>     be careful if you want power automatically restored,
>>     with our server, we have to press the button, so
>>     we junked this UPS.

> There's usually a setting in the server's BIOS to govern this behaviour.
> It's almost certainly nothing to do with the UPS itself.

Nope, Stephen and I spent a very very long hot Friday afternoon trying to
fix this, that's what we thought. I eventually managed to get through to
Belkin support, this is not the public one, the real techy support line
after a long time *pah* and would you believe it they said that this was a
real limitation of this model - yep it's true, *spitting tacks*;)

DB

--
Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk